Pun intended, honestly.
Today, I’m writing about one of my favorite things that I’m always giving recs for and asking for suggestions as well…podcasts! Honestly, I never thought I’d be a podcast person, I really didn’t know what they were until like, a year ago. I knew the word and associated it with that weird app that came on any new Apple product I bought.
When I graduated last spring and started my internship with a 30 minute commute each way, and then moving to D.C. where I started walking and taking public transit more, I found myself getting tired of my music. My heavy beat drops and rap music were great during my morning workouts, but I didn’t need to be that hyped on my commutes, or even on regular walks to the grocery store or anything like that. So many influencers I follow raved about various podcasts, so I decided to give them a whirl.
And then I was hooked.
Now, whenever I have a silent moment I’m playing a podcast, and I follow quite a few different ones. My all-time favorite is The Skinny Confidential Him & Her, I always learn so much from it. The first episode I listened to was with Jordan Belfort, and then the next was about infrared light. I’ve listened to episodes ranging from veganism to organic beef production, to skincare to reality TV stars. In conversations with friends, podcast recommendations constantly come up, so I figured why not share some of my favorites with the World Wide Web.
The Skinny Confidential
- Episode #238: Ed Mylett Pt. 2 – How To Achieve Your Goals, Enjoy Success, Strive For More , & Hold Yourself Accountable, All While Avoiding Burnout
- Okay side note, this is like my favorite podcast episode of ALL TIME so if you start anywhere start here!!!
- Episode #227: Gabby Bernstein On Overcoming Depression, Anxiety, & How To Handle Postpartum
- Episode #260: Misery Loves Company – An Argument For More Positivity
- Episode #251: The Gift Of Forgiveness With Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt – Inspiring Stories from The Who Have Overcome the Unforgivable
- Episode #226: The Real Wolf of Wall Street – Jordan Belfort On How He Got Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese To Create A Movie About His Life
Mood with Lauren Elizabeth
- Episode #6: MOOD: Too Blessed To Be Stressed with OkaySis!
- Episode #9: MOOD: Weird & Weirder…with Olivia Sui!
- Episode #20: MOOD: Boosting Self Confidence & Having Insecurities with Claudia Oshry
MaddzTaddz Beyond the Bike
- Episode #2: Failing Up
- Episode #4: Feel The Burn…Out
- Episode #23: Candy Paint
The Ed Mylett Show
- Apr. 21, 2020 Episode: Built For the Grind W/ Gary Vee
- Apr. 14, 2020 Episode: The Ultimate Comeback W/ Alex Rodriguez
- Oct. 15, 2019 Episode: Mental health, suicide, and rebuilding after a tragedy – With Kayla Stoecklein
Happy Hour with Gretchen Geraghty
- Oct. 25, 2019 Episode: Body Image + Overcoming An Unhealthy Relationship With Food
- Dec. 5, 2019 Episode: Advice with My Sorority Big Natty B | Big Sis Talk
- Jan. 30, 2020 Episode: How to Use The Law of Attraction and Manifestation To Change Your Life | Arlin Moore Part 2
The Sunday Scaries
- Apr. 26, 2020 Episode: Meditation 101 With Peloton’s Aditi Shah
- Feb. 23, 2020 Episode: The Monday Scaries, Iced Coffee, and When To Show Up
A short post this week, but here’s a list of some of my favorite podcast channels and episodes. Give them a listen and let me know which ones you really enjoy! Do you have favorites that aren’t on this list? Share with me, I’m always looking for new ones to listen to 🙂